The Gallery is the largest of the spaces. With its original seven bay arch-braced purlin roof, it really is the architectural gem of Church House – a stunning backdrop for events and exhibitions.
- Original arch-braced purlin roof
- Three magnificent chandeliers - add to the occasion, especially for wedding receptions and evening functions
- Spot lights - designed for art exhibitions
- Comfortable temperature - an ideal temperature throughout the year, with the thick walls keeping it cool during the summer and a central heating system for the winter months
- A wood burner - adds to the cosiness of winter events and functions
- Projection screen - mounted on the raised original smoke bay beam, the screen allows you to show photos, videos or presentations
- Projector – our projector is available for hire at extra cost or you may bring your own
- Tables and chairs – conference style chairs and folding tables
Located upstairs, the gallery measures 49ft by 16ft (15m x 5m) and can accommodate up to 80 people.
The Gallery has two entrances: a direct external flight of stairs from the road, and an internal staircase up from the Servery. Given the listed building status of Church House, it has not been possible to provide wheelchair access to the Gallery.
The Gallery comes with access to the Servery. The Servery is located downstairs adjacent to the Meeting Room. Its facilities include:
- Extensive work tops
- Washing up facilities
- A microwave oven
- An induction hot plate and associated saucepan
- A hot cupboard - for heating plates and keeping food warm
- Crockery & cutlery for 80 people
- A dishwasher with a 3 minute wash cycle
If you would like recommendations for good local caterers, please Contact us.
|Hiring by the Day or Part Day||1 May - 30 Sep||1 Oct - 30 Apr|
|1/2 Day||Up to 5 hrs||£40||£50|
Crowcombe villagers receive a c.30% discount on all day/half day fees.
|Art Exhibitions||1 May - 30 Sep||1 Oct - 30 Apr|
|7 Day hire e.g Thursday pm - Thursday am||£80||£110|
|Plus 10% commission on sales|
Note: Hirers of the Gallery only, or of the Meeting Room only, have shared use of Servery, WCs, tables & chairs.